[Noisebridge-discuss] Interest in an Arduino class?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Mon Jul 5 17:57:51 UTC 2010

I took a similar course in college on Intel 8051's, so I'd be *super
interested* in an Arduino version. Frankly, I'm really *really* booked on
time and tapped out on money -- but this may be an opportunity cost not to
take it now.

How much is this course (is it free like all noisebridge courses that I know
of)? How much time/money/resources do we dedicate to this?

Cheers,

Glen

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Michael Shiloh <michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I've finally quit my "day" job to make room for full time teaching and
> leading workshops on tinkering, electronics, Arduino, and contraption
> building.fields
>
> At a BBQ yesterday I mentioned this to a couple of fellows from NB, who
> suggested I do some Arduino teaching at NB. I had presumed that Arduino
> classes were being offered at NB, even though I couldn't recall hearing
> about a regularly scheduled event.
>
> So I put this out to you: Would there be interest in a regular weekly
> Arduino class?
>
> Here's what I have in mind:
>
> 2 hour Arduino class:
>
> First hour, aimed at beginners, is a crash course in basic electronics,
> basic programming, and basic install of Arduino IDE on your laptop.
>
> Second hour presumes everyone knows the basics, and explores a more
> advanced topic, such as I2C communication between two Arduinos,
> interfacing to Processing and/or The Internet, or multitasking. Thus,
> people who already know the basics can simply show up for the second hour.
>
> Of course as we see what the needs and interests are we can vary the
> ratio of time as necessary.
>
> I could bring a couple of loaner laptops and Arduinos, and as we are an
> official Arduino distributor I can also sell Arduinos.
>
> Would there be interest in this?

Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe