[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge hosting a BioCurious event

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Tue Jul 6 03:22:01 UTC 2010

As one of the people running another event on the 10th, I appreciate your
thoughtfulness in asking about it.  There are actually 3 things around that
time, I believe: Phasor~, the greenwire workshop, and a solar power
workshop.  2169 is big enough to accommodate all of us physically, but we
might get a little bit of the restaurant problem going on, altogether, we
make it loud enough that it's hard for each group to work, so they get
louder, which means other groups have to do the same, and soon enough we're
all standing by the bar shouting in each others' ears about how surface
tension is the secret to soldering.  Or something like that.

As far as I know, the events currently slated for Saturday should be wrapped
up by 5PM.  If later in the day works for your group, it seems like an easy
option.
--
/jbm

(An aside: in my experience, and as I was reminded for my greenwire workshop
by other, seasoned, event managers, people in SF need two weeks' notice and
at least 3 emails to make it to an event.  Whether this is because we're all
busy or just flakes is up to individual interpretation =) )

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Eri Gentry <sap.ved.eri at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the calendar links. It looks like my event (July 10th at 2pm)
> would conflict with 2 already listed. Does that mean there's not enough for
> 3?
>
> If it doesn't work for the 10th, I'll for sure try to have other, future
> events at Noisebridge.
>
> Thanks to everyone who offered to sponsor =)
>
> Eri
>
> On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Jason Dusek <jason.dusek at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 2010/07/04 Shannon Lee <shannon at scatter.com>:
>> > (3) do your best to make sure it doesn't conflict with
>> >     anything (good luck, there are many official calendars!)
>>
>>   Two of note:
>>
>>    https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Category:Events
>>

>> http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=vo3i3c0qtjnkjr2ojasd0ftt8s%40group.calendar.google.com
>>
>> > (4) get a member of noisebridge to sponsor the event
>>
>>   Eri, I'd be happy to talk with you about sponsoring your
>>  event. I've read a little about BioCurious on this list and
>>  others and it sounds pretty cool.

Josh Myer 650.248.3796
josh at joshisanerd.com