[Noisebridge-discuss] Grad student survey request

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Jul 8 18:47:01 UTC 2010

I completed the survey as is. However, I did also comment that only a small
number of stores were listed -- and many of them may not be the
most relevant. For example, SparkFun was not listed. I thought it was retail
only until I saw that Amazon was listed.

Regardless, I completed it as it was to try to be helpful. I do feel,
however, the results may be very skewed due to the format of the survey.

Regardless. Good luck. Hopefully that was helpful...

Warmest Regards,

Glen Jarvis

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Don French <dcfrench at gmail.com> wrote:

> Your survey is flawed.  If you bought something in one of the listed stores
> over a year ago, there are no correct boxes to check.  And just as an FYI,
> it is Fry's Electronics, not Frye's.
>
> Is this a marketing research survey?
>

> -- Don
> www.TheGadgetWorks.com
>

> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Kyla Wagman <wagmank at vcu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was hoping this message could be sent to the general discussion forum.
>>
>> I'm a grad student at VCU (Richmond, VA) interning in SF for the summer.
>> I'm working on a project about the resurgence of the Maker Movement and I'm
>> looking to get some insights from Noisebridge members.  I hung out at
>> Noisebridge last week but only got a chance to talk to a couple people.
>> I've created a really quick, anonymous survey (10 questions, 5-7 minutes)
>> that I was hoping everyone could complete.  It will help me out a ton with
>> my project.  I'm trying to get a couple hundred responses!  I'll be so
>> grateful if you could send the survey link to anyone you know who has a tech
>> hobby.
>>
>> Here is the link:  www.surveymonkey.com/s/techhobby
>>
>> Best,
>> Kyla

Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe