[Noisebridge-discuss] 6-July Meeting Notes/Help Correct/Spell/Wikify/Post

Ceren Ercen ceren at magnesium.net
Fri Jul 9 21:59:41 UTC 2010

GODDAMNIT will you people* stop calling anything you happen to disagree
with "unexcellent"?

You're passing judgement the other person's motivations when you accuse
them of unexcellence, and it's a dick move. How about we grow up and say
"hey, I disagree with that" without slyly Poisoning The Well by
denouncing them?

And we've recently discussed more warning/notice about upcoming
memberships, so people could step up and talk to prospective members
they have issues with (instead of surprise-ambushing them and blocking
their memberships, and/or then whining "waahhh, I didn't know they were
up for membership, I never met them, I don't know if I like them").

I think it's absolutely reasonable for us to publish the names read in
the meeting notes. Stop wailing. People who wanted semi-anonymity seem
to be allowed to put an alias into the membership binder, and they have.
On top of that, anyone can request a list of the membership at any time,
so getting all faint and hand-wringy at the idea of publishing meeting
notes is absolutely inane.

There, that's a value judgement for you.

*inclusive, ironic

- Ceren