[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] Stolen food at Noisebridge yes or no?

Quinn Norton quinn at quinnnorton.com
Wed Jul 14 18:42:53 UTC 2010

On Jul 14, 2010, at 2:20 PM, Nick Mooney wrote:

> I think there's a difference between speeding (a crime that reflects
> personally on the driver and holds nobody else responsible) and bring
> knowingly-stolen food to a non-profit space, which could threaten the
> nonprofit status.

Yes, there's a difference between speeding, and copyright infringement, stolen goods, murder, embezzling, jay walking, etc... under the law itself, how it's enforced, how illegal activities are viewed socially, and how they are viewed in the microsociality of Noisebridge.

> As for BitTorrent,
> It is almost certainly a bad idea to be torrenting on the Noisebridge
> network just because you want l33t r4ti0z. If there's a specific piece
> of media you need for a Noisebridge-related purpose, I'd recommend
> doing it securely and quietly.

I hand a hornet's nest, and a bat. The rest is up to you.