[Noisebridge-discuss] Charging for classes at Noisebridge

Geoff Horne horne at slc.com.au
Fri Jul 16 18:43:45 UTC 2010

my $0.02 :
If someone is going to charge for a class they should pay NB rent for the
time and space that they use. People paying for the class need to cover
these costs and the costs of any consumables used by NB or provided by the
teacher.

At the Bike Kitchen, we have a different charging model that seems to work
well for everyone :
 - All classes cost money
 - classes cost $N for members
 - classes cost $M for  non-members and includes a free membership
 - the money goes to the BK, not the teacher of the class
 - teachers aren't paid

I think it would be fair to charge people for a class and give them 1-2
months use of the NB for them for finish, enhance the project.