[Noisebridge-discuss] Anyone heard about freedomdefined.org, and especially freedomdefined.org/OSHW

Asheesh Laroia noisebridge at asheesh.org
Fri Jul 16 19:32:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, Michael Shiloh wrote:

> I can't tell if they have serious traction or not.
>
> They do have backing from Creative Commons, which is strong. And the
> list of endorsements seems to come from all the right players.

Freedom Defined's history is pretty well summed-up at
http://freedomdefined.org/History . It started as an ad-hoc project of a
Wikipedian, and it grew to include Free Software Foundation and Creative
Commons people.

I didn't think Freedom Defined was currently very active , and the OSHW
defition's forum <http://www.openhardwaresummit.org/forum/> doesn't show a
lot of discusison activity. But then again it has a lot of press coverage,
like http://boingboing.net/2010/07/13/open-source-hardware-3.html .

I'm CC:ing Erik and Mako, two of those Freedom Defined people.

-- Asheesh.

--
Is knowledge knowable?  If not, how do we know that?