[Noisebridge-discuss] Charging for classes at Noisebridge

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Fri Jul 16 19:48:07 UTC 2010

Thanks for bringing this up Josh!

I'm pro-free-education, but am not anti-getting-paid. Some points I
have from a previous email about the subject:

1) People paying for classes are not more privileged to use
the space than non-paying people, and should not be given priority
in regards to space.

2) Any for-profit class takes up space at NB and thus money should
go to NB. Transparency and profit sharing with NB should be strongly
suggested, and enforced if possible.

3) There should be a cap on the per person/hour charge so that low-income
people don't feel excluded.

  mike