[Noisebridge-discuss] Charging for classes at Noisebridge

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 21:22:01 UTC 2010

2010/07/16 Leif Ryge <leif at synthesize.us>:
> I'd like to propose an alternate method by which people can
> make money (maybe even lots) teaching classes at Noisebridge:
>
> 1) Announce a potential class you would like to teach, along
>    with the minimum amount you need to get paid for it to
>    happen and the date(s) you're available to teach it.
>
> [...]

  I like that this idea allows many people besides the presenter
  to participate in offering a class for the community.

  It softens the "pay-to-play" feeling that always comes with
  class fee, insulates the presenter from the problem of how
  what to do about people who can't or won't pay and insulates
  the community from having to manage presenters who are overly
  mindful of their pecuniary interest.

  I also like that it allows a presenter to discover, in a low
  touch and non-confrontational way, that there is little
  interest in their material and they would be better off not
  presenting.

--
Jason Dusek
Linux User #510144 | http://counter.li.org/