[Noisebridge-discuss] Charging for classes at Noisebridge

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Thu Jul 22 18:11:12 UTC 2010

On 7/17/10 4:37 PM, David Yao wrote:
> Basically, regardless of whether class fees are good or bad for NB, I
> want to say that enforcement of class fees is not viable in the NB
> environment. I think instructors can ask for money, they just shouldn't
> expect it or demand it.

I think this is a rather insurmountable argument against presenter fees.

Might I suggest revisiting my proposal to give "membership credit" to
regular instructors, *instead of* fees?  That is, course hours would
count against monthly membership fees?

(and yes, I do still plan on asking for *materials* fees for cooking
classes.  I think I can still successfully collect these even if it's
sliding-scale)

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.