[Noisebridge-discuss] Charging for classes at Noisebridge

Liz Henry liz at bookmaniac.org
Thu Jul 22 21:32:44 UTC 2010

The membership credit idea would open up a whole other can of worms and
add a large amount of administrative work. We have a working system
already, fees reduced for people who can't put in the full amount, and
people don't even need to pay anything to use the space. I think
"membership credit for teachers" is a bad idea. We could just as well
give membership credit for other activities that are also valued. It
creates a hierarchy that values teaching over other contributions to the
space.

About payments and fees: I think it's a bit repugnant to try and trick
people into valuing a class more because you force them to pay money for
it.    If no one comes to your class, then you find out that you need to
teach something different and more compelling.  Either it's good and
wanted and needed enough for people to bother, or it isn't.

- Liz

Liz Henry
web producer

BlogHer
1301 Shoreway Road, Suite 340 | Belmont | CA | 94002
www.blogher.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/blogher
Twitter: @BlogHer  |  @BlogHerSupport  | @BlogHerDeals