[Noisebridge-discuss] BP Busted altering photos !!!!! (ARCTIC drilling) brainfart

Walter Funk marybraindoe at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 18:30:52 UTC 2010

Sorry Arctic is what I meant to say, MY BRAINFART, anyhow this is this shit they are up to ------

Ny Times - "But BP’s project, called Liberty, has been exempted as regulators have granted it status as an “onshore” project even though it is about three miles off the coast in the Beaufort Sea. The reason: it sits on an artificial island — a 31-acre pile of gravel in about 22 feet of water — built by BP. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/24/us/24rig.html

Business Week - " A moratorium on offshore drilling imposed by ..........

Liberty is “not covered by the moratorium,” BP spokesman Steve Rinehart said today in an e-mail. “It’s a land-based rig on a gravel island in shallow water and is not exploration.”

The project is moving forward, he said, with plans calling for the first well to be drilled in the fall."

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-06-24/bp-s-liberty-oil-well-in-alaska-to-face-new-safety-rules.html