[Noisebridge-discuss] hacking digital camera/binocular combo

d p fenn weasel at meer.net
Tue Jul 27 03:57:48 UTC 2010

miloh <froggytoad at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm curious whether unplugging the device, running 'udevadm monitor', and
> plugging it back in is kind of the same thing everyone else here has
> suggested?

i'm no udev expert, but i think some of the dmesg/procfs things will be
basically the same thing but hooked in slightly differently. for
example, if usb device enumeration fails (for some reason) you probably
won't get monitor messages. dumping all of the kernel messages is more
like what monitoring dmesg/etc are doing.

\p
---
At the bottom of all patriotism is war: that is why I am no patriot.
		- Jules Renard