[Noisebridge-discuss] Reception for Jon Foote's Awesome Foundation grant tonight!

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 18:20:59 UTC 2010

Damn! And I fail at reading calendars.

Well I'm sorry I didn't get to do so in person, but my heartiest
congratulations. I look forward to seeing Lux come to life.

Years ago, when I was just barely out of Cal, Siggraph was held on
campus, and I was fortunate enough to catch a screening of the Lux
short. I don't think Pixar actually existed yet. Who made that original
movie?

On 07/29/2010 10:58 AM, Jonathan Foote wrote:
> Thanks all! Appreciated.
>
> Note that reception was last night, sorry for late notice.
> I fail at publicity.
>
> -J
>
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Michael Shiloh
> <michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Whoo hoo! Congratulations Jonathan!!!
>>
>> Is this event open to the public, or at least Dorkbot? I'd forward this
>> to that list, of whom most know Jonathan, adore him, and would like to
>> raise their glass to him.
>>
>> On 07/28/2010 04:36 PM, Rachel McConnell wrote:
>>> The San Francisco Awesome Foundation has awarded its July grant to
>>> Jonathan Foote, to enable him to make awesome Pixar-style dancing lamps.
>>>    We are holding a small reception to present his grant tonight at 8:30.
>>>    Please join us!
>>>
>>> Nova Bar
>>> 555 Second St
>>> San Francisco