[Noisebridge-discuss] Anyone heard about freedomdefined.org, and especially freedomdefined.org/OSHW

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Sat Jul 31 00:49:06 UTC 2010

<quote who="Erik Moeller" date="Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 02:25:34PM -0700">
> what's the question? :-) I wasn't actually even aware that the OSHW
> folks had started drafting on the freedomdefined.org site, but it's
> nice to see the wiki being used for more than one definition.

Yes. I suggested FreedomDefined be a natural home for the OSHW folks to
work a few months ago when things were getting started. As something of
an outsider to the community, I haven't been hugely involved in the
conversation and the shaping of the definition although I did give a
bunch of early feedback especially on process.

Folks seem to be very happy hosting the definition there and I think
it's a great natural home.

As you suggest, the endorsements seem to come from enough of what I
would call the key players in the free/open hardware community that I
tend to think it has a better chance of getting real traction than
previous or other attempts at doing something similar.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto