[Noisebridge-discuss] NAT from pony?

nils at shkoo.com nils at shkoo.com
Wed Jun 2 05:24:52 UTC 2010

It has come to my attention that the audio path only works one way on the
phone when you call out.  So, you can call out from the space and they can
hear you talk, but you can't hear anything from incoming calls.

It appears that outgoing connections from pony are going through something
that NATs them so that they come from
"noisebridge-net-nat.monkeybrains.net".  This is a problem, since the
return UDP audio path is not translated back to pony's IP address.

Why do we need to NAT traffic coming from pony?  It already has a public
IP address so no NAT should be necessary.

Once this is fixed, bidirectional audio should once again be possible.

-nils