[Noisebridge-discuss] Quick question on profiling C on Linux

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri Jun 11 22:06:51 UTC 2010

I'm on a platform today that I don't have root on and installing another
package would be a bear (unless I compile it myself in my home directory). I
need to profile an executable complied from C. Are there any gnu packages
that generally come with gcc that I can profile. I only really need the
amount of time each function (internal and os) is taking to execute.

Any suggestions on tools?

Cheers,

Glen
--
Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe