[Noisebridge-discuss] fundraising idea: linear algebra class

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Wed Jun 16 23:40:26 UTC 2010

I noticed you guys are talking alot about fundraising lately and
thought of something that might help.

A few people I've encountered at the machine learning meetups
are kinda weak in linear algebra and suggested we have a mini-
course on it. I'd be willing (along with anybody else who wants to
help out) to teach a mini course in linear algebra to people who donate
X dollars per session to Noisebridge. The class would be advertised
to a larger community than just the ML'ers and maybe even NB'ers
to get a bigger crowd.

Of course this idea could be extended to any topic which can
be taught, but I think having volunteers teach classes that
raise money for Noisebridge could be a reasonably honorable way
of raising funds. I'd be happy to teach because as of yet I
haven't donated a dime to Noisebridge, just my time. And I'm
not made of cold, hard, slimy cash so I'd rather keep donating time.

  mike