[Noisebridge-discuss] hacker space article and/or writers for nmf

molly Hankwitz mollyhankwitz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 01:55:39 UTC 2010

hi noisebridge,
i'm a writer/editor. i am a contributing editor to a blog called
newmediafix.net which covers all things artfl and networked. news, events,
books, interviews, articles, short event notices, dialogues, etc. its an
archive and online resource, worked on by myself, eduardo navas, and racquel
herrara in spain. folx can write in their first language. editors accept
ideas for 'projects' related to the blog content. at any rate,

i'm interested in two things:

1. possibly to work collaboratively on writing an article about some of the
offbeat hacker type spaces cropping up between sf and
the valley. i noticed a few emerging, learning spaces and project spaces at
maker faire. anyone interested in letting me pick your brain about what you
know, etc, pls contact me - or if you would like to collaborate on writing,
that would be great...i reckon we could
come up with about 1,000 words on what is going on that would work

2. I need writers from northern cal new media scene to present their
projects in less than 500 words.
books, art, programs, innovations, objects, networked communications, or
reviews of related work - all welcome.

no pay, sorry, but if there is a book you are interested in reviewing
we can help you get a copy and then you get the book! i also thought this
might be a way of drawing some attention to nb that would help with your
finances??? not sure, but might be good publicity. we have a fantastic group
of board members, some of america's finest new media and hacker artists. you
can contact me off list if you are interested in this. our archive is
extensively utilized in art reserach and we have a great readership from the
arts and academic circlues, curators, etc. I am now in the middle of pushing
its geography more in the direction of nor cal.

looking forward to speaking with you
molly
--
Molly Hankwitz