[Noisebridge-discuss] "Invent with Python" book, free review copy in exchange for a review

Albert Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 22:06:06 UTC 2010

Hey guys. I wrote a book that teaches kids and complete beginners
programming by making games called "Invent Your Own Computer Games
with Python". I'd like to offer people a review copy of the physical
book (check it out on Amazon here:
http://www.amazon.com/Invent-Your-Computer-Games-Python/dp/0982106017/
) in exchange for writing a (honest, objective, and non-astroturfy)
review for it on Amazon within 60 days.

The book is pretty good for teaching programming to complete beginners
with no programming experience, and to geeky kids as young as 12 or
10.

If you are interested, please email me and I can get you a book when I
drop by the space. The book is also free online at
http://inventwithpython.com.

So the process is:
1) Email me and I'll get you a book (probably when I'm next at
Noisebridge, which is often enough.)
2) You read the book and write a (honest, objective, and non-"lolz I
know the author he is cool and this book is about programming i
think") review on Amazon.com. (It's completely okay to not give the
book 5 stars if you don't think it is up to snuff.)
3) After 30 days, I'll send you an email to see if you've started
reading it at least, otherwise I'd like the book back (I get them at
cost, but it still adds up.)
4) If you haven't reviewed it in 60 days and aren't anywhere close to
doing so, then I'd like to get the book back. Otherwise, keep it!

-Al