[Noisebridge-discuss] dinner fundraiser, end of July?

Elizabeth Sarah Quirk Goodman elizabethsqg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 08:18:06 UTC 2010

Dear NoiseBridgers,

I love to cook and bake, and I enjoy doing so in a team.  Noisebridge
needs money.  How would you like to eat at a fundraiser dinner on July
31?
PLEASE email me if you want to help cook, either as a chef or
sous-chef or to prepare the previous day.   It would be fancy-ish:
self-serve, but multiple different dishes and desserts, and you can
ask for instructions or suggest your own recipe.

On my own, I can probably handle about 3-4 different dishes (e.g.
chicken satay with rice is a probability) and 2-3 desserts. However,
that would be stressful, so I would like to have help, and I want to
know how many people are coming.  Based on suggestions I think
$20/person should work, as this will actually cover costs *and* raise
funds while not being much more than a cheap restaurant.

The date is not arbitrary; it is after other July weekend events that
should suck up lots of Noisebridgers but before I disappear, and
long(ish) before Burning Man.  However if you have other suggestions
or think late August would actually work, do let me know.  (I am gone
July 1-12 and August 1-18.)

Eventually, depending on the conflict level of responses, a survey
will spring up.  Yes, I know, ridiculously in advance.  That's because
I want you to come!

Thanks!
Quirk