[Noisebridge-discuss] WPA ant other network Q's

dpc weasel at meer.net
Thu Jun 3 14:20:24 UTC 2010

joel jaeggli <joelja at bogus.com> writes:

> my other favorite approach is that ssid strings are a maximum of 32
> characters in length so an ssid protected with wpa2 psk that has and
> ssid like:
>
> keyisTYPEULTRASECRETKEY
>
> is pretty obvious what to do with.

my favorite thing is (or maybe was since i haven't checked spec-land
lately) is that it is 32 octets w/ an external length. this means one
could embed things like NUL w/ a length and expect it to work. it made
typing the name a pain in setups w/o configuration files.

\p

---
Retro is knowing you have clean boxers in the drawer, but deciding to
launch another day on the ones that got you through yesterday... Retro
is all that has not sucked. - Tim Parr