[Noisebridge-discuss] Science for Juggalos

Hephaestus hephaestus at antipunk.net
Thu Jun 3 19:15:23 UTC 2010

There was a meeting, it went well, and the discussion in the space
picked up a few people who hadn't already heard about the Science
Fair. The general consensus was that we don't necessarily want to
antagonize the juggalos, as this will give them even more reason to
hate rational thought, we just want to try to educate them.

It was brought up that ICP has since stated that they understand the
things from the song are not 'miracles' in the definitive sense, but
are just wondrous things to observe, so any argument that "the
pyramids aren't miracles" would be counterproductive, and instead we
should focus on topics like "here's how the pyramids were built, isn't
engineering awesome?" We have scientists for at least the following:

Fire
Magnets
Rainbows
Cognitive Dissonance
The Genetics of Long Necked Giraffes

and we have more people interested who haven't yet called dibs on a subject.

We're going to show up Saturday at 4pm to make our science fair
posters and prepare, then leave around 5:30 to get on BART and head
down to the Warfield until it gets boring/dangerous, and then head
back to NB to get drunk, post the videos to youtube, and revel in our
success.

--
Hephaestus