[Noisebridge-discuss] Science for Juggalos

Reed Kennedy reed at flatrabbit.org
Fri Jun 4 20:35:19 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Neil Kandalgaonkar <neilk at brevity.org>wrote:

> But school is practically designed to make people hostile to subjects
> that they aren't good at or don't have aptitude for. A lot of geeks are
> turned off of athletics because they felt humilated by their
> experiences. I'm sure it's the same for some nongeeks and math and science.

Extremely well said, Neil. I had never approached the situation from quite
that perspective before.

I personally am planning to participate with constructive intent. I think it
would be a wonderful thing if some of the other folks attending gave the
above some thought.

Last time I went out on one of these it was when Westboro came to town. It's
important to remember that this is very different from that. These folks
aren't our enemies. We have a lot more to gain from reaching out than from
fanning pre-existing flames.

--
Reed