[Noisebridge-discuss] Science for Juggalos

Aaron Muszalski sfslim at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 22:12:48 UTC 2010

Also, as I believe has already been suggested here, I feel strongly that,
while our tongues should be planted firmly in (ass) cheek, we should refrain
from being assholes ourselves, but rather rally around the cry "Empathy for
the Juggalo!"

Approached with humor and respect, we have an opportunity to get some
laughs, make some friends, and broaden some minds. "The Family" - as the
juggalo community refers to themselves - are strongly identified with their
own alienation (e.g. "the world's most hated", etc.) and if we trigger that
response, we lose. This is a community comprised of many disempowered,
disenfranchised people, who, in rallying around ICP and the mythology that
the band has constructed, have turned their disenfranchisement into a badge
of honor. And over the years they've evolved a rich lexicon of hate with
which they defend themselves.

Don't trigger that response! Be fun - be friendly - make our shtick obvious
- juggalos understand pantomime (albeit not very intellectually) - A
well-time nudge or wink will go a long way to including our audience in the
joke, rather than making them feel like the butt of it.

Above all, show respect - these people, like all of us - find great meaning,
connection and validity in their chosen community - even if you don't
understand their choice, it's worthy of your empathy.

That said, let's drop a muthafuckin' science BOMB on some juggalo brainz
tomorrow!

- Slimdick Faygostein XXIII