[Noisebridge-discuss] Science for Juggalos

Ever Falling everfalling at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 00:03:44 UTC 2010

hey who's good with video editing? though i'll bethere  capturing this on
video i'm crap when it comes to putting anything together into something
interesting. i see there are at least two others on the wiki who are going
to be filming as well. who should i send the footage to once the day is
done?

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Miah Johnson <miah at chia-pet.org> wrote:

> I have a few small brushes I can bring.
>
> -Miah
>

> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Kelly <hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Firstly, I want to say that I was really pleased (and a little choked
>> up) reading everyone's responses, most of which were very
>> compassionate, thoughtful, and well-meaning. There were a few things I
>> still cringed at (mainly the assumption of our superiority) but I
>> think this may turn out to be an educational experience all around.
>>
>> And secondly, I will be at Noisebridge around 4pm with face paint. I
>> could use some extra brushes.
>>
>> -Kelly
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 15:12, Aaron Muszalski <sfslim at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Also, as I believe has already been suggested here, I feel strongly
>> that,
>> > while our tongues should be planted firmly in (ass) cheek, we should
>> refrain
>> > from being assholes ourselves, but rather rally around the cry "Empathy
>> for
>> > the Juggalo!"
>> > Approached with humor and respect, we have an opportunity to get some
>> > laughs, make some friends, and broaden some minds. "The Family" - as the
>> > juggalo community refers to themselves - are strongly identified with
>> their
>> > own alienation (e.g. "the world's most hated", etc.) and if we trigger
>> that
>> > response, we lose. This is a community comprised of many disempowered,
>> > disenfranchised people, who, in rallying around ICP and the mythology
>> that
>> > the band has constructed, have turned their disenfranchisement into a
>> badge
>> > of honor. And over the years they've evolved a rich lexicon of hate with
>> > which they defend themselves.
>> > Don't trigger that response! Be fun - be friendly - make our shtick
>> obvious
>> > - juggalos understand pantomime (albeit not very intellectually) - A
>> > well-time nudge or wink will go a long way to including our audience in
>> the
>> > joke, rather than making them feel like the butt of it.
>> > Above all, show respect - these people, like all of us - find great
>> meaning,
>> > connection and validity in their chosen community - even if you don't
>> > understand their choice, it's worthy of your empathy.
>> > That said, let's drop a muthafuckin' science BOMB on some juggalo brainz
>> > tomorrow!
>> > - Slimdick Faygostein XXIII

Trying to fix or change something, only guarantees and perpetuates its
existence.