[Noisebridge-discuss] Kill-a-watt

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Mon Jun 7 23:16:10 UTC 2010

Albert Sweigart writes:

> Does anyone have a kill-a-watt (or is there one at the space) or some
> appliance that measures how much energy a plugged-in appliance uses?

I have a vintage (hardwood-paneled!) AC ammeter that I can bring in if
you want to try it.  You might need to oil the hinge that the needle
rotates on or otherwise calibrate it against a multimeter's ammeter,
since it hasn't been used for several decades.  I don't think I want
to donate it right now, but you're welcome to borrow it... this ammeter
was steampunk before steampunk was steampunk.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Qué empresa fácil no pensar en
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | un tigre, reflexioné.