[Noisebridge-discuss] nburl.net - Noisebridge Tiny URL

Leif Ryge leif at synthesize.us
Mon Jun 14 21:36:27 UTC 2010

On 06/14/2010 11:26 AM, Jason Dusek wrote:
>    Cool app, Al! I'd appreciated the short URLs around
>    the space but didn't know you'd done it till Miloh
>    told me.

Yes thank you Al! This (printed signage) is a use of short redirecting
URLs that actually makes sense.

... unlike, say, most other uses of them. See
http://www.google.com/buzz/dclinton/JKoWPTAAyvw/More-thoughts-on-URL-shorteners-This-post-explores
for a great discussion of the many the problems with URL shortening, and
how much worse the problem just became re:twitter.

~leif