[Noisebridge-discuss] Proposal: Discounted full-year dues

jim jim at well.com
Wed Jun 16 17:16:11 UTC 2010

   (seems like a discussion of policy.)
   per the proposal and the points:
* how much to discount for a one year pre-payment seems
the difficult part: too little and no one goes for it;
too big and we miss out on possible income; variable
(maybe within some limits, hoping for generosity) may
work....
* if we don't have a "real accounting system", as long
as we can track payments with respect to members, this
seems a non-issue. for example, i pay by the quarter
and haven't had any problems. if a payment is recorded
as income for the current month, is there a tax
implication?
* we should certainly try to help our current cash
crunch"; the overall downward trend scares me.
* grabbing a year's supply of money may help the
initially excited retain their interest over a longer
time period, which seems an additional value.
* i'm not convinced of your arithmetic, but certainly
money today is worth a fair amount more than money
some later day, especially if there's some question
about getting money on those later days. a real
answer to this might help settle the discount problem.