[Noisebridge-discuss] Fundraising and membership at NB

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 00:25:54 UTC 2010

I'd be interested in the pr workshop thingy. Would there be *enough* people
interested so we could get our duckies in a row and start doing something
rather than just talking about it?

On Jun 18, 2010 4:27 PM, "aestetix aestetix" <aestetix at gmail.com> wrote:

I don't think that's an issue at all. If someone gains a title, then they
inherit responsibilities attached to that title, and they either succeed by
living up to everyone's preconceived expectations, or fail by not going
along with what is expected and regulated by that title.

This said, there is obviously a need for fundraising or promotion, which
entails a deeper need: we need positive PR in the local community, partly to
overcome stereotyping, and partly to spread the word of what makes
Noisebridge rock to people who don't even know what it is.

By total random chance I was talking about something like this with AJ last
night after he gave his 5MoF talk on press releases. He said that he saw a
lot of talent at Noisebridge, and he'd be willing to host a PR workshop in
the near future to teach people how to better reach out. Given that he's
done work fundraising, holding events, and building community for over a
decade, I think that kind of collaboration would be excellent.

If AJ were to hold a workshop on PR and community building, would people be
interested?