[Noisebridge-discuss] More lounge-like atmosphere @ nb

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Wed Jun 23 21:09:12 UTC 2010

Relatedly, I had a brief conversation with one or two people the other
night about the use of the space we're still redoing the floor of.
Previously this had been just storage for food, cleaning supplies,
cooking implements, and (surprise) Junk.  Someone tossed out the idea of
a kind of cafe area, which would be a place to hang out in and eat,
particularly.  Having a dedicated, or semi-dedicated, eating area would
assist greatly in keeping the rest of the space free of food waste.

It would also be a great area to put colored lights in.

Regarding a general lounge-like atmosphere, I'd personally prefer this
to be limited.  As well as hanging out with people, I try to do work of
various sorts at NB and I think the level of lounging behavior we
currently have is sufficient and does not need to be further encouraged :)

Rachel