[Noisebridge-discuss] HTC or Moto android?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Jun 29 17:32:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:18:15AM -0700, jim wrote:
>    i believe today is the day that my cellphone
> contract lets me upgrade. i wanna android because
> i like the buzz (google policies in general seem
> a cut above most other techy corporations).
>    any opinions: why choose either the HTC
> incredible or the Motorola droid phone?

I have a hard time recommending any of the phone-company-controlled
android phones.  They have had a very poor update story (lagging 6-18
months behind the free world) and often have serious anti-user features;
Sony specifically said "We don't want you or developers to root or
upgrade your phone, please buy an HTC if you want that".

So, I'd recommend getting a phone that gets updates from Google rather
than from your carrier; the Nexus One is currently the best bet AFAIK.

-andy (currently sad about phones)