[Noisebridge-discuss] Intro, and event proposal

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Thu Mar 4 04:56:36 UTC 2010

NB Folks,

Hi, I'm Josh Berkus, I showed up for the meeting last night (which
wasn't nearly as dramatic as it was promised to be).

I'm also one of the organizers of the San Francisco PostgreSQL Users'
Group.  There is a new version of our open source database coming out
soon, and we'd like to hold a day-long "testfest" to beta-test the new
software in late March-early April.

Ideally, we'd like to have the event on a Saturday.  March 20 has been
proposed, but April 3 or 10 would work too.

We'd have 15-20 people and an assortment of computers and networking
equipment.  We'd also make food in the new kitchen (yaaaay!) and share
it with anyone else who happened to be there.  Other NB folks who want
to learn about software testing and databases are, of course, very
welcome.  If possible, we'd want to use the projector as well, but we
can bring our own if it's an issue.

This event would be tied via internet video with other test-fests
elsewhere in the world, if we can make the technology work.

I've spoken with one of the organizers of the weekly Phasor event, and
they're OK with our event.

So yes/no?  Preference on dates?  A member with keys I can liase with?

--Josh Berkus

P.S. for people who don't know me, I'm a database hacker (PostgreSQL
project), open source geek, amateur chef, and ceramic artist (BFA,
Claremont Colleges).  I found NoiseBridge through Liz Henry, although it
turns out I already know several members from other places.  Link-mania:
http://www.fuzzychef.org
http://www.postgresql.org/community/contributors/
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/database-soup