[Noisebridge-discuss] Interested in a PyCon Unconference Event?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Sat Mar 6 19:25:11 UTC 2010

As a Noisebridge member, I've noticed that we get more respect by "doing"
than just discussion great ideas.

I'm putting together an UnConference for PyCon discussion. Although the
unconference can take on its own dynamic, I'm also showing the more
interesting videos (projecting on a wall with sound) from PyCon this year.

Is anyone interested?

Here's a rough schedule of the very open and probably completely changing
schedule (since unconference isn't scheduled in advance, that's happening in
its own space).

PyCon in Atlanta called it Open Spaces and was like this:
http://us.pycon.org/2010/openspace/

Here's a very *very* rough (not even first draft) of what videos I want to
show to start the creative juices flowing.. No one has to watch the videos..
they're just scheduled through the day to keep cool ideas and discussion
coming :)

Whatcha think?  Sounds fun, yeah?

11:15 - 11:45: Video: Learning Hosting Best-Practices From
WebFaction/Brandon Craig Rhodes
http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/74/

Food Eats and discussion

12:00 - 12:30: Either a video or ask Anna to come in personally since she's
somewhat local (Mountain View area I think)

http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/77/

12:45 - 1:30 pm Turtles All The Way Down: Demystifying Deferreds,
Decorators, and Declarations/Glyph Lefkowitz

http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/107/

1:45 - 2:15 : Writing Books using Python and Open Source Software/Mr. Wesley
J. Chun/Wesley's also local and may come in perrson

http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/69/

2:30 - 3:00: Unladen Swallow: fewer coconuts, faster Python Collin Winter
(Google / Unladen Swallow)

http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/71/

3:15 - 3:45: Python in the Browser/Jimmy Schementi

http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/14/

4:00 - 4:45:  Deployment, development, packaging, and a little bit of the
cloud/Ian Bicking (The Open Planning Project)

http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/19/

5:00 - 5:30: Scaling your Python application on EC2/Jeremy Edberg

http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/148/

5:45 - 6:15: Dude, Where's My Database/Mr. Eric Florenzano

http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/75/

7:00 - 7:30: Actors: What, Why, and How/Donovan Presto

http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/93/

7:45 - 8:15: Python's Dusty Corners/Jack Diederich (Consultant)

http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/106/

8:30 - 9:15: Understanding the Python GIL/David Beazley (Dabeaz LLC)

http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/76/