[Noisebridge-discuss] Deadbolt for the elevator room?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Wed Mar 10 23:04:07 UTC 2010

On the subject of access control. Anyone else noticed we're missing the
deadbolt to the gate on the elevator room? I'm guessing it got pulled
off and used for the gate downstairs when we switched over the keys.

I've noticed folks not bothering to lock the glass door when they're the
last ones out of the space/building. Additionally it seems like some
people don't even know the glass door should be locked (and unlocked at
a later point in time) and thusly don't have keys to it.

If the glass door is left unlocked, someone seeking access to the space
for maliciousness activities (installing cameras and rubbing human feces
on Susan the Rack) could simply kick in the gate (not hard, and most of
the time recently the gate doesn't even bother to swing closed all the
way) or jump over the gate (I've done it before, really easy), then take
the elevator up to our floor and walk right in, shit clutching and all.

I _think_ there might be an extra deadbolt in the dj booth. Anyone good
at and feel like rekeying? If not can we just get the board to buy one
keyed correctly with Noisebridge money?

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net