[Noisebridge-discuss] Reminder: Saturday PyCon Videos

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Mar 25 07:46:09 UTC 2010

This Saturday, starting at 11, we will be showing videos from PyCon this
year. We have an RSVP list of about 15 confirmed and several 'maybes' --
some of these people are new to noisebridge - so I hope to give them a great
first experience.

Here are the most popular videos that we'll be watching...

Most Popular
45 min/Intermediate/Turtles All The Way Down: Demystifying Deferreds,
Decorators, and Declarations/Glyph Lefkowitz/
   http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/107/
45 min/Advanced/Understanding the Python GIL/David Beazley (Dabeaz LLC)
    http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/76/

Oodles of interest
30 min/Beginner/Scaling your Python application on EC2/Jeremy Edberg
    http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/148/

45 min/Intermediate/Deployment, development, packaging, and a little bit of
the cloud/Ian Bicking (The Open Planning Project)
    http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/19/

45 min/Intermediate/Python's Dusty Corners/Jack Diederich (Consultant)
    http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/106/

Wow, these are cool
30 min/Beginner/Writing Books using Python and Open Source Software/Mr.
Wesley J. Chun (CyberWeb Consulting)
    http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/69/

30 min/Beginner/Diversity as a Dependency/Anna
    http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/77/

30 min/Intermediate/Dude, Where's My Database/Mr. Eric Florenzano
    http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/75/

30 min/Intermediate/Actors: What, Why, and How/Donovan Presto
    http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/93/