[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Executive Director

Lee Hepner lhepner7 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 03:09:40 UTC 2010

I’ve been pretty captivated by this thread for a while now, and even though
it might not be necessary to add to the cyclone, I thought I’d contribute
some thoughts on how to move forward.

To get it out of the way, I do believe that Christie has responded to at
least some of the requests for explanation…  They’re listed above, so search
them out.  But I think this is getting beyond the point of pressuring
Christie out of her position.  From what I understand, she’s not opposed to
Mitch, just desirous of a more thorough process (Correct me if I’m wrong…)

>From a theoretical standpoint Christie is providing a lot, if only because
her provocation has made a lot of people review what is important in the
Executive Director.  To dignify some of the other concerns that have been
raised, I think that the discussion about the consensus model for electing
an executive director is worth having (I'm a fan of the consensus model as
well, but acknowledge that it can be less effective with larger groups), as
is the discussion regarding the liability incurred by officers of NB and how
that should affect how closely-tied or loosely-knit the ED-NB relationship
is.

I agree with Jeff that it would be very useful to have some of the
candidates speak for themselves; re: their desire to be ED and their
personal conception of what the ED role is in respect to some of the issues
defined above.  I think that all members would arrive at a much more
informed conclusion if the candidates addressed these points personally,
instead of leaving it to supporters/detractors to fill in the blanks.

Thanks to Ani for setting up the ED Nominations page:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/ED_Nominations

-Lee