[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Executive Director

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Mon Mar 1 16:21:40 UTC 2010

Dude, I'm not giving an "I think this is how it ought to be" here, I'm just
saying that this is how it's been done.  I have been finding that lots of
people don't know that this is how it's been done, which is why I posted
that explanation.  Please don't mistake my explanation for endorsement.

What I'm saying is, everybody I've talked to has a (different) idea of how
this process is supposed to work, and none of them match my experience of
how it has actually worked -- and if we want a different system, we need to
sit down and hash it out, and *not* just fall back on "but this is the way
it works" -- because nobody currently agrees on "how it works."

I also think that "changing the way it's done" in the middle of doing it is
a mistake.  My preference would have been to get our final outstanding
officer slot filled and *then* have a series of meetings where we come up
with an official process, but maybe Christie is right and we should do that
first.  We certainly shouldn't do them concurrently.

--S