[Noisebridge-discuss] Jof for ED? Discuss!

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Mar 3 08:45:23 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Rachel McConnell's message of Tue Mar 02 21:31:14 -0800 2010:
> In a bizarre turn of events I couldn't describe if I tried, all of the
> people attending the meeting tonight agreed to put forth Jof as a
> proposed Executive Director.  Except we determined the office is
> actually called President.
>
> So.  Could you (yes, you) support, or at least live with, Jonathan "Jof"
> Lassof as our new President?  If you have objections or simply
> questions, please do not hesitate to speak up so we can continue with
> this decision process.  We'd like to do the Real Consensus next week, if
> possible.

Awesome, thank you all!

In some sense, I'm glad this came about in this manner. Having
candidates self-nominate themselves imposes a sort of selection bias.
Those that put themselves forward, really "want" to do the job.

Myself, on the other hand, would be glad to fulfill this duty on behalf
on noisebridge, but am not eager to jump in as Exec. Director /
President and change or do anything right away.

It's my understanding that this position exists only to fulfill a legal
requirement to have a figurehead at the top of "the corporation", and
should serve only to represent the rest of the organization by signing
official documents, and rubber-stamping/signing off on internal matters.

With this goal/model for leadership (or lack thereof) in mind, I'd be
happy to accept this nomination, and look forward to working for you all
in the future.

Cheers,
jof