[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge bylaws

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon Mar 8 23:59:41 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Vlad Spears's message of Fri Mar 05 11:41:15 -0800 2010:
> This is the One True version of the Noisebridge bylaws, certed by our
> Secretary in February of last year and submitted to the State.
>
> I've uploaded a scan to the wiki.  Apologies for the slight lean to
> the contents... it's in the original.
>
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/File:Noisebridge_bylaws_020090206.pdf

Thanks again for scanning this, Vlad. I suspect the PDF will do for
reference purposes, though I wanted to try and OCR the pages so that we
have some nice clean text to use.

I've split the PDF into PPM's of each page and am trying to run gocr
over the images to comedic effect. All the text is coming out
hax0r/gibberish:

BYLAWS
DF
NOtSEBRDGE

A C8IfOrna N0nprOnt PubIic Bencit Comogtion

Ah'c!e1  Nme

The name dthi8 c0rcoraton is Noi8ebridge.

Has anyone mastered OCR on *nix in the past? How can one either clean the input
images or train the recognition of characters?

--j