[Noisebridge-discuss] Deadbolt for the elevator room?

Ever Falling everfalling at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 04:12:49 UTC 2010

actually the easiest way to control elevator access to the space is to
deadbolt it at the end of the night. if you have time to make sure the
elevator is on the 3rd floor you have time to lock a dead bolt. we just need
a deadbolt now...

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 3:47 PM, <nils at shkoo.com> wrote:

> The easiest way to control elevator access to the space would be to just
> leave the elevator door open on the 3rd floor; that way no one will be
> able to use it without first opening the keyed door at the top of the
> stairs.
>
> -nils
>
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010, Rubin Abdi wrote:
>
> > On the subject of access control. Anyone else noticed we're missing the
> > deadbolt to the gate on the elevator room? I'm guessing it got pulled
> > off and used for the gate downstairs when we switched over the keys.
> >
> > I've noticed folks not bothering to lock the glass door when they're the
> > last ones out of the space/building. Additionally it seems like some
> > people don't even know the glass door should be locked (and unlocked at
> > a later point in time) and thusly don't have keys to it.
> >
> > If the glass door is left unlocked, someone seeking access to the space
> > for maliciousness activities (installing cameras and rubbing human feces
> > on Susan the Rack) could simply kick in the gate (not hard, and most of
> > the time recently the gate doesn't even bother to swing closed all the
> > way) or jump over the gate (I've done it before, really easy), then take
> > the elevator up to our floor and walk right in, shit clutching and all.
> >
> > I _think_ there might be an extra deadbolt in the dj booth. Anyone good
> > at and feel like rekeying? If not can we just get the board to buy one
> > keyed correctly with Noisebridge money?
> >
> > --
> > Rubin Abdi
> > rubin at starset.net

Trying to fix or change something, only guarantees and perpetuates its
existence.