[Noisebridge-discuss] Shapelock Thread - Wiki page to keep track of pledges...

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Tue Mar 16 16:11:47 UTC 2010

Jumping threads to the one with the URL on top
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Polycaprolactone

> Have we verified that the formfactor is how we want it?  The
> "Shape-lock" brand stuff comes in nice 5mm (?ish) sphere-ish beads; if
> TRIISO ships us a 60kg solid brick of PCL we'll be very, very sad.

3mm beads, yes.  It's not the size of the bead, it's...

> If you're going to be there to receive the shipment, more power to you,
> but if you're not there, you can't assume that whoever happens to answer
> the door when the shipment arrives is going to be willing to sign for it
> / manage the elevator / et cetera.  Heck, you can't even assume that
> anybody will be there, or that the elevator will work, or that the
> doorbell will work.  We've had packages returned to sender in the past.
> I always ship to my office and then hand-deliver to 2169.

I would most certainly be camping that day.  I am also considering going
down to so-cal and picking it up at will call, trying the material out with
some Nephews, and then driving back.

> (Not a veto, just a word of warning that this requires management and a
> time investment from an interested individual.)

Thanks.  It was never my intention to turn this in to a Noisebridge project.
 It just kinda became one via the wonder powers of Wiki!

> We generally avoid using "official" accounts and funds for projects.
> Individual empowerment is the name of the game around here. :)  It
> avoids administrative overhead and bureaucracy.

As they say at NASA, better safe than paperwork.

--Coreyfro