[Noisebridge-discuss] File format specification

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Fri Mar 19 00:57:59 UTC 2010

Shannon Clark wrote:
> Not my exact area of expertise by far but wouldn't XML also give you
> fairly standard ways to handle Internationalization and multi-byte
> Unicode etc? Which I'd imagie you probably would want to do in an open
> standard. And I would guess there are any number of open libraries
> around XML handling?

It's far from my area of expertise as well. :-)

It does seem like XML may solve some of these problems - I've never
actually interfaced with any XML libraries in C, I've barely interfaced
with XML as a programmer at all.

I think that I'd need to make a MagPack DTD and then simply add data to
corresponding fields that I have defined. Does that sound about right?

I'm guessing Bill will not be too keen on XML. But that doesn't mean we
can't come up with some ideas that solve the requirements and then
replace it with something else if we want...

Best,
Jake