[Noisebridge-discuss] Robots and Fire and Tech Shop, This Saturday

Simone Gal Friday simone at qbox.org
Wed Mar 24 07:41:02 UTC 2010

Hi Noisebridgers! We here at RoboGames wold like to invite you to an
event we are holding Saturday at Tech Shop in Menlo Park. It is a
fundraiser/TechShop Tour open to everyone, with nibbles and OMG 240CC
V-8 BLENDER margaritas, among other things. Also, robots. Here is a semi
short informational blurb, hope some of you can make it!

--
RoboGames and Tech Shop Present:

A Tech Shop RoboGames Gala Event!
(okay perhaps not a gala event so much as an opportunity to hang out
with two of our favorite things, and yours, robots and beer)

Come one come all to a fabulous extravaganza of robotic relaxation! From
the producers of RoboGames comes a night of robot un so delightful, so
exciting, and for a cause so worthy that one would be hard-pressed to
find a better use of an evening!

Have a margarita courtesy The World's Most Dangerous Blender, start a
dance-off with an android, get your frustrations out with tiny robot fights!

Buy a drink from a friendly robot bartender and wander the lanes at Tech
Shop, discovering marvels of the age - roving robot friends, music,
laughter, and a fun-filled evening of planning for eventual robotic
world domination!

All proceeds of this gala evening go to the Robotics Society of America
for the production of RoboGames. RoboGames' mission is the advancement
of the study of science, mathematics, engineering and technology, and
inspiring students in these subject through robotics.

The Robotics Society of America is a 501c3 educational nonprofit
established in 1977 (so your donations are of course, tax deductable.)

Relax and enjoy fine company amid an evening of stimulating robotic
splendor, fine people, and the knowledge that your cocktail money is
helping hundreds of competitors and students from here and around the
world expand robotics knowledge and inspiration.

You'll also have the opportunity to sponsor a team or volunteer at the
event!

No Cover, lots of robots, interesting people!

Saturday March 27th,
5pm-11pm
Tech Shop Menlo Park
120 Independence Drive