[Noisebridge-discuss] building fortune machine contraption: how to print or dispense a single business-card sized fortune?

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Thu Mar 25 03:53:54 UTC 2010

Heyo.

As a former Xerox employee, I  will note that paper handling can be tricky.

CTP built a robot to dispense single business cards using a gripper
wheel, and I think he had trouble making it reliable. Maybe ask him
about it?

If I were doing this, I would use the vending machine spiral trick.
You can make the spirals really tight to hold a decent number of
cards. Here are some surplus motors that have a rotation sensor so you
can rig them to turn exactly once:

http://skycraftsurplus.com/12vdcvendingmachinegearboxmotor.aspx

 HTH