[Noisebridge-discuss] Why the IRC trolls are still there [drama]

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Fri Mar 26 21:41:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Jason Dusek <jason.dusek at gmail.com> wrote:
>  What constitutes secure use of IRC? SSL and a physically hard
>  to reach box?

FWIW, at least with Freenode, I always use it via either SSL or
GPG/Tor, am registered to nickserv with nick protection, and have a
hostmask.

I think that's a reasonably secure setup; I suppose someone could
still figure out my dyndns address and attack my box, though I think
at that point we're not talking about secure use of IRC per se any
more.

- Sai