[Noisebridge-discuss] any comments on quality of perf boards from bg micro

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Wed Mar 31 19:34:39 UTC 2010

I've bought some of those over the years. As far as I can tell, at
least some of them are identical, right down to the "10" in the copper
by the lower left hole.

http://www.bgmicro.com/acs1053450holeprotoboard.aspx
http://www.mpja.com/prodinfo.asp?number=16227+PB

I don't think they are any better than the Radio Shack boards but they
sure are cheaper.
They solder fine if you clean off the oxide with steel wool or use flux.
Pads can always peel if mistreated, though the boards with plated
through holes do better in that regard (we found some of those cheap
in China, there are a few in the soldering area).