[Noisebridge-discuss] Return of Programming for Poets

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Mon May 10 05:44:24 UTC 2010

A good number of brave Poets turned up for the Programming session
last Thursday, thanks!
Starting from scratch, we went over color, drawing, functions, and
programmed a paddle for a pong-like game.

It seems like there might be critical mass to make this a regular
thing. Towards that, let's do another workshop next Thursday May 13,
again at 8:00. We'll go over variables and functions in a little more
depth and see if we can't get a pong ball to bounce.  (No worries if
you missed the first one, but please put a little time into the
"preparation" recommended on the wiki:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Programming_for_Poets#preparation)

See you Thursday! (And yes, we'll work around 5MoF when necessary.)

P.S. Several people expressed interest in an Arduino class, which is
super-cool.  Perhaps we can get one organized. (Note, however, that
Arduinos need programming, and the processing code we are learning is
the perfect introduction to that.
Also don't forget that you can get and build your own Arduino on
Circuit Hacking Mondays!)