[Noisebridge-discuss] Neighborcon Chicago! Come speak and/or attend!

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Thu May 27 05:22:25 UTC 2010

Ask by my good friend Eli Skipp to forward this to our humble list...

Howdy, Neighbors!

You're invited to join your fellow neighbors for Neighborcon Chicago on
Saturday June 12th and Sunday June 13th from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm (with
continued non-official festivities afterwards).

What is Neighborcon? Neighborcon is a collection of friendly folk coming
together to discuss friendly ideas. Presentations and talks will be
given on various subjects (as long as they're neighborly), conversations
will be had, food will be eaten, and drinks will be drunk (in
traditional hacker fashion, to excess!).

Where is Neighborcon? Glad you asked! Neighborcon Chicago will be held
at Sully's House Tavern & Grill. They've been kind enough to offer us
their private upstairs bar to hold our events in. Good food, good
drinks, good people! Sully's House is located at 1501 North Dayton St.
Chicago, IL 60642, a three minute walk from the North/Clybourn Red Line
stop. Tip your waitress well!

What does Neighborcon cost? We're asking for $20, which will include
your badge, a button, and a neighborly handshake from Mr. Goodspeed (to
be fair you can usually get that for free). Broke or unemployed? Let us
know the situation, and we'll aim to discount or waive your fee! Willing
to be a speaker and give a presentation? Then you get in at no cost!

How do you submit a talk to Neighborcon? Visit
http://frob.us/neighborcon.txt to view the call for papers and e-mail in
your proposal to travis at radiantmachines.com. If it's neighborly, we'll
likely accept it! The sky's the limit as far as subject matter.

Any other questions? Most things can be answered via
http://frob.us/neighborcon.txt, but feel free to e-mail
travis at radiantmachines.com or eli.skipp at gmail.com with the subject line
NEIGHBORCON if you're still vexed.

Invite your friends! Hell, invite your enemies if'n they're FYN-FYTN
compliant!

In accordance with historical Neighborcons, we're doing this
semi-disorganized and very last minute. We hope to see you there anyway,
and if not, FYN!

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net