[Noisebridge-discuss] Elfa Knockoffs / human size erector sets

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Sun May 30 00:43:52 UTC 2010

I absolutely love the Elfa modular shelfs, etc. They are SO expensive.

I'm sure Elfa owns patents, and I want to respect that. However, since
the magic of the system hangs on interchangable shelves, drawers, etc.
It's a piece of cake to make something that fits.

Within legal parameters, does any one make anything that hooks into
the elfa shelf system? For example, Elfa doesn't make a desk sized
shelf except for two units wide. Does anyone make a one unit wide
shelf that could work?

On a similar, but tangential point, there are life size erector sets
for making modular furniture or whatever else that you want (same toys
as a kid, but life size for us now). Has anyone at noisebridge ever
explored that? If so, what did you think of it?

Glen